The Construction Association of Rural Manitoba Inc. was founded May 14, 1913 under the name Brandon Builders Exchange. Fourteen companies gathered together to discuss mutual concerns. Recognizing the importance of defining the rights and obligations of general and sub-contractors for building work, spokesmen for the various companies agreed to form the association. The annual dues were $10.00.

By the mid 50s, following a wartime hiatus, the Brandon Builders Exchange had revitalized itself and its Membership Roster list showed 46 member firms.

The name was changed to the Brandon Construction Association Inc. on June 1, 1979. Over the years the association has enjoyed a close working relationship with the Winnipeg Construction Association and one of the greatest joint achievements was the formation of the Manitoba Bid Depository in November, 1980.

In 1982, after several moves the Builders Exchange found a permanent home at 950-10th Street where we remain today, after an addition in 1991, and renovations in February 2004 to facilitate our electronic planroom.

In April, 1993 the name was changed to the Construction Association of Rural Manitoba Inc. and currently approximately 200 members are part of the organization.

Over the years the sharing of information through the planroom has been a vital service to members and with the introduction of an online planroom this service was greatly enhanced.

The staff and Board of Directors of the association are continually working for the betterment of our association and the industry through advocacy, lobbying and education activities in addition to direct services offered to members through the CARM office.